Our clients are careful and deliberate in their investment decisions. When your financial situation is as unique as your fingerprint, your needs can’t be met by off-the-shelf investment solutions. We find the need to customize investment plans for a lot of reasons. Flexibility is inherent in a fiduciary process, which is why we tailor investment portfolios to our clients’ needs. Our approach inspires confidence. In short, we design portfolios that work best for you, not us.

Integrated with Your Plan

To reach your financial goals, you’d prefer a direct path over a meandering road. Unnecessary downside risk, high costs and needless taxes will only slow you down. That’s why we take the time to truly understand you. We need to know your vision, your preferences and the ins-and-outs of your finances to help you avoid potholes and wrong-turns on your journey. Your financial plan serves as the road map for your investment strategy. We carefully construct your portfolio by taking into account your investment horizon, income needs, financial goals and entire net worth.

We operate
exclusively as a
fiduciary

You can relax,
knowing your investments
are continually monitored

We work hard
to earn and maintain
your confidence and trust


Fiduciary Process

We are among the 9% of financial services firms that operate exclusively as a fiduciary1 — meaning that we are legally required to always act in our clients’ best interest.  The other 91% of firms are in fact structured as sales companies.

Non-fiduciary firms may be paid more if they recommend certain products over others. Financial products that are laden with commissions, lock-ups and surrender penalties are sold by financial representatives employed by or affiliated with a broker-dealer, and are not fiduciaries like us. Why is that? Our fiduciary investment process puts you first. That’s not just talk; it has very real and practical implications:

  • We have no proprietary products—we select solutions that fit you best.
  • We do not accept commissions of any kind—we provide objective advice not influenced by a sales culture and compensation.
  • We do not hide fees—our compensation is clear and fully disclosed. It aligns our interests with yours and is below the national average investment advisory fee (often by a significant margin2).
  • We are not beholden to sales managers, home offices or shareholders—we are completely independent so we can serve you first and always.

Our fiduciary investment process puts you first to help you achieve your objectives with the confidence that your portfolio is serving your best interests.

  1. Cerulli Associates Advisor Metrics December 2012
  2. PriceMetrix Fee & Managed Asset Pricing, Volume 3, March 2011. The study measured the pricing patterns of 15,000 financial advisors and 2.3 million investors across North America.  The analysis aggregated data across 1 million fee-based accounts between 2007 and 2010 that were open for at least 12 months. No third party fees were included. There was no data provided in the report on the level of service provided for the fee charged

Institutional Quality

We provide access to institutional-only strategies and pass along negotiated cost savings to you. We continue to improve our solutions that are often inspired by the approaches of top pension funds, endowments and foundations.

Our in-house investment process is rigorous and our methods are time-tested.  Despite a successful history, we never rest on our laurels and we incorporate the latest academic research and institutional standards of portfolio construction. Utilizing world class research ensures that your strategy benefits from the best thinking and adapts to an evolving investment landscape.

Our investment committee is responsible for designing our clients’ investment strategies. Your customized portfolio will reflect the combined expertise of our investment team.

Commitment to Communication

Staying informed about your portfolio is one of the most important aspects of your investment plan. We believe you need to understand your strategy in order to remain confident during tough times. We are entirely devoted to ongoing investment education and continuous communication with our clients.

We provide 24/7 online access to portfolio reports via your private client portal. We communicate quarterly via our Thrive report — a wrap up of news and events within our firm, education insights on topics that matter plus our perspective on how we are positioning your portfolio. Plus you receive an easy to read personalized performance report for all of your accounts. Clear and timely communication is our goal.

Menu
×